Friday, August 17, 2007

The Beginning of the End

Of summer, and all that is peaceful and good in Morgantown, WV.

The students are coming back.
I noticed the blue and gold signs directing parents to the various dorms yesterday as I drove back into town and my heart sank a little.
This morning Betsy and I got to see that at 7:30am there were quite a few of folks trying to get it over w/ early. At Towers it looked like a huge Yard Sale and my cry "I'll give you 50 bucks for all your crap" got some chuckles and lots of gazes by already tired students and nervous parents.
No pictures, we forgot the camera. You'll just have to take our word on it.

On the ride back home the traffic around Arnold was at a stand still and getting only worse as there is little place to park, little place to off-load all your worldly belongings, and it's right on the main drag into town.

Yuck for anyone trying to get around town today. Unless you're on a bike!

And with this event, summer comes to a screaching halt.
More traffic, less parking, more obnoxious activity in the evening, more stumbling kids in the morning, more trash.

I know there are good things to come of all this, but right now they escape me.

Poopie pants.

Well we had a nice summer while it lasted...

1 comment:

crs said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070820/ap_on_re_us/party_schools